This is a key role within the hotel, reception is the centre of communication to both our guests and other staff. The first and last point of contact.
• Are you good with people?
• Do you have a positive outlook and willingness to learn, contribute and grow?
• Do you have a passion for hospitality and service.
Key Tasks will involve:
1. To manage the reception team to ensure that the reception functions are carried out to a high standard in line with the department SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and hotel policies.
2. To manage all aspects of staff recruitment, training, performance and welfare.
3. To ensure that all staff are thoroughly trained in all aspects of customer service and have a comprehensive knowledge of hotel and company products (rooms, restaurants, facilities, sister properties etc.)
4. To work closely with the Front Office Manager to maximise rooms sales, high average room rates and thus ensure continued profitability.
5. To manage all cash procedures in line with the SOP, ensuring the security of all monies.
6. To be involved in the recruitment and selection of personnel for the department.
Benefits for working at the Merton Hotel
• Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
• Competitive salary
• Subsidized accommodation (all bills, meals and Wi-Fi included)
• Free Meals on duty
• Recommend a friend to work with us
• Up to 3 weeks paid holiday plus Bank holidays
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months service
• On the job training and development
• Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
• Sponsorship towards college course fees (conditions apply)
• Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
• Staff events (at least 2 organized events a year)
• Long service awards
• Staff Suggestion Scheme
• Discount scheme for local shops etc.