CHEF DE PARTIE
• To assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the supervision and smooth running of kitchen in line with Company policy
• To take responsibility for own section and to assist with other sections of the kitchen when required
• To provide training and general skills development for any junior chefs within own section and other sections as required.
• To ensure that all menus are produced to the highest standard specified by the Head Chef, in line with the Company’s budgeted food gross profit.
• To assist with menu development as required
• To maintain a high standard of Hygiene and Safety in the kitchen, in line with legislative requirements and Company standards.
• Fully qualified to Chef de Partie level, with good standard hotels/restaurants
• Some formal chefs training (eg. equivalent to UK City and Guilds 760.1/2 or NVQ 2/3) together with appropriate food hygiene qualifications (eg. equivalent to UK Basic Food Hygiene Certificate)
• High personal standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• A willing and cheerful manner is needed as the job holder will need to work as a team member in an often busy and stressful environment
• Customer oriented attitude essential as many of our chefs have guest contact at Carvery/Buffet tables