- Old Government House Hotel -
View Company Profile
<< Go back |
Before applying for a job please note:
All Job Seekers other than U.K. or E.U. nationals require a visa/work permit to enter the Channel Islands.
||Jul 11, 2018
||- n/a -
Commonwealth nationals aged 17 - 27 need a two year "Working Holiday Maker" permit to enter the Islands.
The Old Government House Hotel in Guernsey, part of Red Carnation Hotel Collection, is a stunning five star property located in the heart of St. Peter Port with amazing views of the surrounding Channel Islands and France. This wonderful Hotel features 63 individually designed bedrooms and suites, an established bar, two restaurants, the Crown Club and several function rooms where we are offering our guests a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
The Front of House department is looking for a Night Porter to provide our guests with outstanding customer service.
Key responsibilities of the Night Porter will include:
• Completing the night audit
• Checking guests in and out according to hotel standards
• Handling reservations enquiries
• Acknowledging regular guests and VIP’s and their requirements
• Taking room service orders
• Responsibility of the security and safety of the hotel
• Ensuring that the receptions, front hall, lounge, bar and other areas are clean and tidy at all times.
This position has excellent progression opportunities within The Red Carnation Hotel Collection, the perfect step to those who are looking for an exciting career in Front of House department. You should be flexible to work morning or evening shifts between Mondays to Sunday.
The ideal candidate for this Night Porter position should:
• Have previous experience in a similar role within a four/five star hotel
• Have excellent telephone manner
• Be able to interact in a professional manner with guests and employees
• Communicate effectively in English
• Be an excellent team player
• Be able to work well under pressure
• Have a friendly, flexible and professional attitude
• Be eligible to work within the UK/Guernsey on a full time basis
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection Benefits:
• Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
• Complimentary meals on duty
• Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection and The Travel Corporation
• Professional training and development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme