As a Barclays Account Executive you will be supporting the Barclays Overseas Services team with client service and relationship management delivery. You will be responsible for associated Account Executive functions as well as actively supporting an assigned Relationship Manager.
Our Overseas Services business provides banking, credit, cash management and investment expertise to our clients through a value adding relationship-led service, product specialists and digital channels. Operating from London, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Glasgow and Dubai we directly serve eight client segments of Fiduciaries, Family Offices, Captives, Funds Administrators, Corporates, Premier Global, Local Business and Local Premier & Retail, together with supporting the booking of High Net Worth (HNW) and Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients onto our Jersey and Isle of Man platforms.
As an Account Executive, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Assisting your Relationship Manager in ongoing management of client relationships including attending meetings and client events, preparation of file notes, credit proposals and other documentation
• Developing relationships with other parts of Barclays to ensure that clients have access to the best possible solution from Barclays
• Joint responsibility with Relationship Managers and internal colleagues for the end to end client experience, profitability and satisfaction and tailoring the approach to the needs of different situations
• Developing trust and co-operation to gain information and get other people to want to give their support when dealing with both external Senior Directors/Executives and internal Senior Managers
• Supporting the team with technical queries and complex cases in relation to field of expertise (on-boarding, credit, banking, digital, Client Due Diligence)
• Interpreting the Banks policies and engage specialist support when required (i.e. Business Risk Managers) to help them reach decisions
As an Account Executive, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Considerable experience in delivering high-quality client service management from retail or financial services
• Knowledge of the market place and current issues
• A detailed understanding of the products and services available to clients
• The ability to identify more complex product requirements in order to introduce the relevant group specialist
• A background in financial services and a thorough understanding and appreciation of the need to operate to high risk and regulatory standards
• Previous experience in a complex, client facing support environment
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.