Business Support Manager, Investments |
- Barclays -
View Company Profile
<< Go back |
Before applying for a job please note:
All Job Seekers other than U.K. or E.U. nationals require a visa/work permit to enter the Channel Islands.
||Jan 12, 2018
Commonwealth nationals aged 17 - 27 need a two year "Working Holiday Maker" permit to enter the Islands.
As a Barclays Business Support Manager - Investments you will be responsible for the provision of an effective local corporate governance and framework for the Jersey entities of Barclays Bank PLC., which include three Investment Fund businesses and two Asset Nominee businesses. You will ensure that all processes are in line with best practice, group, legal, regulatory and tax requirements and you will also be required to act as company secretariat for a proportion of the Jersey registered subsidiaries of Barclays Bank PLC.
Overseas Services has a range of banking and investment management solutions based in four of the world’s leading financial centres. The business supports 61,000 clients in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and around the world from local business and retail clients to trust companies and fiduciaries by providing banking, credit, treasury and investment solutions to overseas customer segments through a relationship-led service, online channels and product specialists. Our ambition is to deliver overseas expertise and specialism for our clients and act as gateway to the wider Barclays Group.
As a Business Support Manager – Investments, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Providing a professional administration service to the relevant committees and forums and supporting the Head of Investment Servicing & Control in projects as they are prioritised
• Ensuring that all committees, forums and relevant board meetings are properly constituted, provided with clear terms of reference, run efficiently and effectively with minutes taken and reviewed annually
• Scheduling meetings, formulating agendas and advising senior managers on the content and organisation of reports and presentations
• Ensuring there is a high quality and timely information flow between senior managers and committees and forums, with the collation and distribution of all documentation for the meetings
• Undertaking appropriate post meeting actions to ensure implementation of decisions and progression of matters arising from the meetings
• Oversee the implementation of the Inter Group Agreement (IGA) framework to ensure that the principles are being applied correctly and liaising with key stakeholders and service owners
As a Business Support Manager - Investments, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Experience of investments, or asset classes within an investment business and experience of delivering solutions for a wide range of issues with various stakeholders
• Detailed knowledge and experience of the operational issues in delivering the services of an investment nominee company
• Experience of working in a governance or company secretarial role; preferably in a banking or funds environment
• Institute Of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA) qualified, or willing to become qualified
• Satisfying or willing to satisfy the criteria for an approved person in all relevant Crown dependency territories
• Evidence of running and managing senior audiences and board level meetings, and the ability to take ownership of board actions, to ensure they are delivered by action owners on time
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.