This role is the most important job within the hotel. Our guests will only stay in pristine, spotless and fresh rooms.
Do you take pride in cleaning?
Are you able to cope with the physical demands of regular cleaning duties in bedrooms, bathrooms and corridors?
Do you have a positive outlook and willingness to learn, contribute and grow within the housekeeping department?
Do you have a passion for hospitality and service with a smile?
You’ll be given full training and an induction to make sure you meet hotel standards and to understand cleaning procedures, use of cleaning materials and equipment etc.
Key Tasks will involve:
Daily cleaning, bed making and servicing of allocated rooms and corridors as directed by the supervisory housekeeping staff.
Keep own service area clean and tidy at all times and replenish own stocks of guest requisites (toilet rolls, stationary, toiletries etc.) are replenished as necessary.
Collection and return of clean/dirty linen to the linen room as required.
To greet guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
Benefits for working at the Merton Hotel
• Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
• Competitive salary
• Subsidised accommodation (all bills, meals and Wi-Fi included)
• Free Meals on duty
• Recommend a friend to work with us
• Up to 3 weeks paid holiday plus Bank holidays
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months service
• On the job training and development
• Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
• Sponsorship towards college course fees (conditions apply)
• Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
• Staff events (at least 2 organised events a year)
• Long service awards
• Staff Suggestion Scheme
• Discount scheme for local shops etc.