This role is the backbone of the kitchen, from keeping the kitchen spotless, pot washing to helping chefs with prep work.
Join our amazing team who have achieved a level 5 Eat Safe Hygiene standard.
Are you able to cope with the physical demands of regular cleaning duties, lifting and carrying in our kitchen and back of house areas?
Do you have a positive outlook and willingness to learn, contribute and grow?
Do you have a passion to want to cook?
Experience isn’t necessary, you’ll be given full training and an induction to make sure you meet hotel standards and to understand cleaning procedures, use of cleaning materials and equipment etc.
As a member of our kitchen team, you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness & efficiency of the dish-washing area.
To assist the chefs as required including basic food preparation.
Benefits for working at the Merton Hotel
• Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
• Competitive salary
• Subsidised accommodation (all bills, meals and Wi-Fi included)
• Free Meals on duty
• Recommend a friend to work with us
• Up to 3 weeks paid holiday plus Bank holidays
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months service
• On the job training and development
• Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
• Sponsorship towards college course fees (conditions apply)
• Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
• Staff events (at least 2 organised events a year)
• Long service awards
• Staff Suggestion Scheme
• Discount scheme for local shops etc.