Are you passionate about working with food?
Do you have a positive outlook and willingness to learn, contribute and grow within our kitchen?
Do you have a passion for hospitality and service with a smile?
Key tasks will involve:
To assist the Chef de Partie in the smooth running of your section and to help in other areas of the kitchen as required
To assist with the preparation and efficient cooking of food ensuring the highest standard specified by the Head Chef.
To maintain a high standard of Hygiene and Safety in the kitchen, in line with legislative requirements and Company standards. To carry out cleaning duties as specified by your supervisor.
To assist with carvery/buffet service as required within a large and busy outlet.
Benefits for working at the Merton Hotel
• Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
• Competitive salary
• Subsidised accommodation (all bills, meals and Wi-Fi included)
• Free Meals on duty
• Recommend a friend to work with us
• Up to 3 weeks paid holiday plus Bank holidays
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months service
• On the job training and development
• Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
• Sponsorship towards college course fees (conditions apply)
• Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
• Staff events (at least 2 organised events a year)
• Long service awards
• Staff Suggestion Scheme
• Discount scheme for local shops etc.