Service Team Leader|
- Barclays -
View Company Profile
<< Go back |
Before applying for a job please note:
All Job Seekers other than U.K. or E.U. nationals require a visa/work permit to enter the Channel Islands.
||Jan 08, 2018
Commonwealth nationals aged 17 - 27 need a two year "Working Holiday Maker" permit to enter the Islands.
Service Team Leader
As a Barclays Service Team Leader in Overseas Services, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Overseas Services front office support teams and will be responsible and accountable for driving both individual and team performance ensuring delivery on our key performance indicators whilst driving excellent service delivery.
You will ensure that both internal and external clients experience a world class service while at the same time ensuring success is achieved both with and through the business including service levels, losses, risk management and root cause identification and eradication.
Overseas Services has a range of banking and investment management solutions based in four of the world’s leading financial centres. The business supports 61,000 clients in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and around the world from local business and retail clients to trust companies and fiduciaries by providing banking, credit, treasury and investment solutions to overseas customer segments through a relationship-led service, online channels and product specialists. Our ambition is to deliver overseas expertise and specialism for our clients and act as gateway to the wider Barclays Group.
As a Service Team Leader, your main responsibilities will involve:
• The ability to communicate with and influence both internal and external stakeholders and working with the business leaders to deliver against service objectives
• Providing ‘hands on’ end to end team management and taking responsibility for various areas together with performance management of team members
• Leading, developing and motivating your team against achievement of sales and service target standards
• Striving to mitigate and minimise operational risk in the team by ensuring adherence and compliance to all internal and Offshore Banking risk policies and regulatory requirements
• Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
• Deputising for Service and Support Manager
As a Service Team Leader, your skills and qualifications will include:
• Team leading or performance management experience
• Strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to communicate and influence senior management and stakeholders is essential
• An awareness of the Banks operating platforms would be an advantage as well as an awareness of the regulatory requirements covering money laundering and criminal activity
• An ability to deliver quality results with limited support from management whilst maintaining a challenging but positive influential style
• Excellent time and people management skills, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, and have the ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
• A detailed knowledge of products/services available to clients will be essential combined with a strong background within financial services
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.